Battle of the Bands 2017
Welcome to the Home of WIDR FM’s 2017 Battle of the Bands
This is going to be your home for all things Battle-related. But first, let’s start with an overview of this competition…
WIDR FM’s 2017 Battle of the Bands is the first of what will become an annual occurrence event here at WMU. The competition itself is broken up into 4 parts.
PART 1: Submissions
- From November 12th-December 31st (DATE EXTENDED!), we will be accepting applications and submissions from bands who wish to enter the competition. For everything you need to know about who is eligible, and what we need from you, make sure to see the Official Rules & Guidelines. Once the deadline closes, we will be selecting the top 9-12 bands to go on and compete in our semi-final rounds…
PART 2: The Semi-Finals
- The semi-final rounds of this competition will take place in 3 parts over 3 weeks. Each session will take place in the Kiva Room of the Faunce Student Services Building, and will be broadcast live over the WIDR airwaves. We will also be opening these events up for a live studio audience to attend and participate. The admission for each of these events will be $2 or a donation to the Invisible Need Project.
- Each round will feature 3-4 bands competing for their spot in the Grand Finale. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges that will be attending the event.
- During the semi-finals, we will also be asking our listeners to vote on social media for their favorite band. The band that receives the most votes throughout the semi-finals will be crowned our Battle of the Bands Fan Favorite, and will win the opportunity to play at Battle Ground Bells (see below).
- These rounds will take place on January 19th, 26th, and February 2nd from 7-9pm.
PART 3: The Grand Finale
- The Grand finale round of this competition will take place on February 9th, 2017 in the Dalton Center Recital Hall on WMU’s campus. This is where the top 3 bands will compete for their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place ranking in our competition. Admission will again be $2 or a donation to the Invisible Need Project.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges, and will be awarded their prizes.
- The grand prize features 10 hours of studio time in Western Sound Studios, as well as the opportunity to play at Battle Ground Bells. Other prizes TBA.
PART 4: Battle Ground Bells
- This event is our after party for the competition, and will feature our Social Media Fan Favorite, Grand Prize Winner, and a surprise touring band!
- The event will take place at Bell’s Eccentric Cafe, and admission will be $5 and the event is 21+.
We are thrilled to announce our lineup for our 2017 Battle of the Bands competition!
Each band brings a different, unique sounds and we already have no clue how we are going to choose our winners.
But, then again, who could ask for a better problem to have?